Saturday, June 8, 2013

Food from home: Japanese festival

     If you read this blog, you most probably notice how much I love Japanese and Italian food. When I cook, it's either one of these. Most of these recipes are found in YouTube. I always end up editing a recipe by either adding something or combining several recipes.

Mentaiko pasta
     Mentaiko is spicy roe of Polluck. I thought it was interesting when I saw it in YouTube. It's a good thing there was Mentaiko in New Hatchin, one of our favorite Japanese stores. It's not at all spicy. 


I made these 2 for lunch on the same day:
Gyudon
     It's a good thing we had beef at home and it happened to be Kobe beef. :D


Yakisoba
     This is Japanese stir fried noodles. I've never tried the real thing, only the packaged one. Based on experience, the flavor of the packaged one is always overpowering. I didn't realize this was simple to make. I saw in 1 tutorial, Japanese mayo was drizzled on top... which I followed. :D


Here's a list of Japanese items I want to make (I already made some of these items but want a replay): 
Okonomiyaki
Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki
Chawanmushi
Katsudon
Strawberry Shortcake
A green tea based dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...