Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Food from home: Eclectic!

     Since I started cooking, it has never stopped. Let me share some of these new items and again... these were taken at different times. ^_^


Mushroom Linguine with Truffle Cream 


     I love cream and truffle based pastas! Thank you to my Auntie Lou who gave me truffle oil when she learned I was making mushroom pasta. :D It's best to use fresh mushrooms... Believe me, it really makes a difference. I wanted to use Porcini mushrooms, but since they were not available, I used Button (white) and Shitake mushrooms. To be able to taste the truffle, drizzle the truffle oil on the pasta right before serving. ;)


Macaroni and cheese

     Macaroni and cheese... or simply mac and cheese has been a favorite since I was little (that wasn't a long time ago). The last time I made mac and cheese was during high school days. I used 3 cheeses for this one: Medium Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Mozzarella. They say it's best to use Sharp Cheddar, but you may go with your preference. Based on my research, former American President, Thomas Jefferson invented mac and cheese. ^_^


     I'm going Japanese again...

Oyakodon
     This is chicken and egg over rice. Although this is one of our household dishes, I wanted to try making it myself. The egg should have that silky texture. There's something about this dish that makes it comforting for the rainy weather. ;)


Chawanmushi
     Aka egg custard dish. If you're looking for something light, healthy and tasty... this is the dish for you. Also good for the rainy weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...