Friday, March 8, 2013

Food from home: Pasta Vongole and Mango Cobbler

     Our helper, Daisy always goes to Salcedo market. I was pleasantly surprised when she said she bought clams. I decided to make Pasta Vongole. I recall our former cook, Nori (not sure if I spelled her name right) who's already in Italy (what a coincidence) used to make this but it was with tomato sauce. It was only recently when I learned the secret to enhance the flavor (will share the recipe soon). ;)


Linguine Vongole*
     The secret here is white wine and lemon zest. Maybe it's no secret but I learned these on my own. You may use Spaghetti or Linguine, but I personally prefer the latter. This is Dad's favorite, but he likes his with tomato sauce.


Mango Cobbler
     I made this before. This is my sister, Nicole's favorite. I wanted to surprise her. This is best served warm and it's good with ice cream. :D

Linguine Vongole -Linguine with clams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...