Friday, July 19, 2013

Food from home: Surprise, surprise!

     Two weeks ago was just one of those days where I just wanted to lie down all day. Thank goodness that was only a phase. This week was muffin week, so I made 2 kinds...

Blueberry Muffins
     We always use the packaged ones (sorry don't remember the brand). Dad and I have been looking for blueberry muffin mix for weeks and still no luck. I thought of surprising Dad by making the real thing. Believe me, it always makes a difference when you use fresh ingredients. I was surprised only 8 pcs came out, so will double the recipe next time. I was happy it turned out moist and yummy! I just love the burst of the blueberries inside! 


Chocolate Chip Muffins
     Since I was still in the muffin mood, why not make Chocolate Chip Muffins too? Just an excuse to give in to my constant chocolate craving. :P


     But wait... there's more! This is something I have been experimenting for quite some time but never got back to it. 

Creamy Parmesan Fish
     I have been looking for a good recipe for baked fish with creamy sauce. I saw in Facebook a picture of Baked Tilapia from my friend, Jenyh. It had creamy Parmesan sauce with potatoes and broccoli. It looked so good so I decided to make it for dinner. In my version, I used Sole Fillet and cooked the sauce with garlic for more flavor and lemon zest to cut the richness. It was a good result. Thank you so much, Jenyh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...