Saturday, July 13, 2013

Food from home: Strictly for Chocoholics

    Chocolate is a constant craving... especially for Mom, my sister Mitch, my nephew Enzo, my niece Sofia, my uncle Dan and auntie Lou, my cousins Mabel and Vicky and I. If you're a chocoholic, you will understand why chocolate is one of the best things in life. When Mom doesn't like a certain chocolate dessert, she'd say "doesn't taste chocolatey" or "doesn't taste like real chocolate". Of course I wonder how could that be possible when it's chocolate based? Mom replies "The taste has to be intense. I know my chocolate." So that leaves me even more puzzled how intense should it be?


Mega Chocolate Cookies
     The story of the Mega came about when Mom suggested I make a chocolate cookie similar to one from one of our favorite restaurants. It took time making several attempts and changes in the recipe. This chocolate cookie has semisweet chocolate and white chocolate. Names like Triple Chocolate or Chocolate Overload were too common. A light bulb moment came when I remembered my idol the Mega Star, Sharon Cuneta and thus came the name, Mega Chocolate Cookies. :D My nephew, Enzo requested for these and granted his request (please see The Bandana Baker page for details and orders). ;)


Chocolate Lollipops
     This is one of my favorites since childhood. I remember getting giddy every time I got these. Although my original plan was making cake pops, it turned out to be a flop after 3 attempts. Since I had chocolate left, I decided to make chocolate lollipops instead. It's really simple to make. All you need to do is melt the chocolate (best to use bittersweet for the dark one and white) in a double boiler, pour it in chocolate molds and insert the sticks, refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Bring it out of the ref, remove it from the molds by pressing softly from outside. Place it in plastic, tie a ribbon around it and you're all set. Thank you to my chocoholic friend, Ruby for sharing tips in making these. ;) You may buy the chocolate molds, lollipop sticks and plastic wrappers in any baking store, here are the ones I go to. 

Sweet Craft 

Love2Bake
*They can ship orders, shipment fees apply. 

Carla's bakery and confectionery supply
Dr. A. Santos Avenue
Paranaque
826-9107

Ingrid's Sweet Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...