Monday, February 25, 2013

Nostalgic Korea Garden Restaurant

     We were excited to have Sunday lunch @ Korea Garden... thanks to my brother, Dax who gave the brilliant suggestion. I missed it because I haven't eaten there in years (2010 was my last visit). Korea Garden is one of the "immortal" restaurants. It has been around since the 70's and also the pioneer Korean restaurant in the country. I remember having several family gatherings in my Mom's side when we were kids in the 80's (yes, that long ago). The place was packed but it's a good thing we still managed to get a table. 


Appetizers


Bibimbop
(Hot mixed rice)


Chap chae
(Transparent noodles with vegetables)


Mandu
(Dumpling)
-My sister, Nicole said this is supposed to be good luck... so there's reason to eat more. :))


Pajon
(Spring onion cake)


Ojingo bulgogi
(Squid barbeque)


So bulgogi
(Beef barbeque)


Tak kui
(Grilled spicy chicken thighs)


Fresh pineapple
-This is complimentary. Pineapples were sweet.


     I love kimchi with Pajon and rice! Korean ice creams are available too. We go there once in a blue moon and the quality hasn't changed one bit... still consistently good! Also, I was impressed with their cheerful and helpful staff. Now I know why the place is always packed. 


Like them on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...