Sunday, January 20, 2013

Food from home: Japanese, Italian, Pinoy inspired

     One of my goals for the new year was to make more new dishes. I decided to have a segment, Food from home to share my works with all of you, as I have developed a love for cooking as much as I love baking.



Linguine Salmon
     I made this before. I'm a pasta monster (as my Dad calls me) and salmon lover. After reading Jin Loves To Eat's reviews of La Nuova and L'Opera, I suddenly got a craving for the Linguine Salmon and Caviar pasta. I used Elle & Virre cooking cream, smoked salmon, onions, garlic, orange and black caviar (I used the cheapest one). Thank you to one of my favorite bloggers, Jin Perez for bringing this craving... Hihihi! :D


Cheesy garlic bread
     This is based on the recipe of one of my favorite youtube channels, Laura in the Kitchen. I used Ciabatta bread from Chef Jessie, parsley, garlic, olive oil, Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.


Turon*
     Besides the lumpia wrapper and saging na saba, I use Langka because this brings out the flavor. Also, I added Ube (this is optional) to make it more special.*


Katsudon*
     I'm a Tonkatsu lover (as mentioned in my Yabu write up). For the longest time, I wanted to make this but I never got the time. I added leeks, nori and beni shoga (the red garnish).* According to another favorite youtube channel, Cooking with dog, students eat this before an entrance exam because katsu also means to win.


Mentaiko spaghetti
     Mentaiko is marinated roe of pollock. According to another favorite youtube channel, Runny runny 999, this is a popular Japanese dish. This took 2 tries because the first one I found too fishy. Although the second one was better, this still needs to be revised for the perfect blend.


Coffee jelly with vanilla ice cream
     This was a spur of the moment thing because I had an "odd man out" unflavored gelatin. I always use strong coffee when making this for really strong flavor. This is yummy with ice cream or evaporated milk.


Turon -banana fritters
Lumpia -spring rolls
Saging na saba -Saba bananas 
Langka -jackfruit
Ube -purple yam
Katsudon -deep fried pork cutlet with rice
nori -seaweed
beni shoga -pickled ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...