Saturday, January 10, 2015

The first stop @ Osaka

     It was such a privilege to be back in Osaka the second time around (see my previous posts Summer vacation @ Osaka, JapanOur home in Osaka St. RegisOkonomiyaki @ Takashimaya, Takoyaki @ Daimaru and More desserts @ Lobby Fascino). It just meant the beginning of our shopping, eating and practicing Japanese (at least for me). Although we only had 3 days, there were a few discoveries...


     Tunahachi isn't that new, we learned about this place last May. I didn't join my family that time due to a personal agenda. We didn't know the name of this place because it was written in Japanese and just referred this as the Tempura place in Takashimaya, so I decided to ask our server how the name is read just for our reference (yes, I was able to ask in Japanese and she understood me). If you're a Tempura lover, this is the place for you. 
Just look for this sign. ;)

What a thoughtful gesture to provide containers for bags!


    The condiments were the Tempura sauce and assorted salt. We enjoyed the green one which has wasabi.

I was the only one who ordered this, sorry don't remember the name.

     Everyone order this one.

     A favorite item of the family is the Anago, the sea water eel because it's only available in Japan. Everything was cooked perfectly, nothing too oily, just right. 

Tunahachi
8th floor
Takashimaya store
Namba, Osaka
Visit these websites: Tunahachi and Takashimaya


     While walking in Shinsaibashi, we wanted to take 5 since it was a long walk... long but enjoyable. Talk about perfect timing, we found Mitsuya cafe on the way. Looking at the wax display, they had sandwich, ice cream and coffee. 
Mixed sandwich
Yummy without it being too heavy and overwhelming.

Pudding and chiffon cake

Strawberry Parfait
Hooray for our strawberry fill! ^_^
    
Mitsuya Cafe
Shinsaibashi-suji Shopping Center
Osaka
Visit their website


     We went to Yodobashi 2 days in a row. Mom and I were lured at the wax display of this pasta place. While Dad, my brother Dax and his family had sukiyaki for lunch, Mom and I decided to have pasta. 
     This was Mom's order. We don't know the exact name of this one since it was written in Japanese (I still need practice), but we saw the Mentaiko (spicy roe of polluck), Mom's favorite. The sauce had a blend of onions and lemon which was awesome! 

Carbonara
     I love Japanese Carbonara! I get amused with the egg yolk in the middle. 

Iced Coffee
     I'm a sucker for Japanese coffee because of the strong aroma. This is the only time I give in to regular coffee.

     A bowl may look too much, but it's just right. It's still a mystery how the Japanese creamy pastas manage to be yummy without being too rich or heavy. We didn't find the restaurant's name when we were there (only after researching online), but just look for the one with the pasta displays and that's it. ;)

Ponto Nyuru
8th floor
Yodobashi-Umeda
Visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...