Monday, January 12, 2015

The second stop @ Karuizawa -part 1

     Karuizawa most probably doesn't ring a bell to many... Don't worry, you're not alone. We only learned about it recently from Dad as this is supposedly a ski resort, similar to Lake Tahoe in the US. We were all counting the days because it was a new place and the first winter for the kids, my niece Sofia and nephew Enzo and myself. We left Christmas eve and took the bullet train. There's no direct ride from Osaka, you would have to stop to Tokyo to get there.

One of the breathtaking views on the way. I could already smell the snow. ;)

     Bento box
     Refreshments are served during the train ride. When I saw a picture of the bento box, of course I just had check it out. :D


     We stayed at the The Prince Villa. They have a receiving area in the train station and the ride to get there took only a minute. Seeing the snow and the log cabin, we knew our White Christmas dream would be fulfilled. ^_^

The Prince's Center House


Welcome refreshments




Our villa






They have complete amenities. :D












The modern fire place in action. 


    We woke up Christmas day with this picture perfect scene. My family purposely woke up early to see this with the snow falling. In my 34 years (as much as I want to say 25) of existence, I couldn't believe to be experiencing winter for real. This was something I'd see on TV, movies and postcards.

   Here's a clip of the snow falling so you can see what I'm talking about. ^_^


     To go to the villa, from the center house, you could either go by foot or with the electric cart. Overall, everything was impressive. We love the lovely and cozy ambience! All the staff are friendly and helpful. Food was enjoyable too, which I will talk about in part 2. We're hoping for a repeat real soon.


The Prince Villa
Karuizawa, Japan
Visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...