Friday, November 28, 2014

Food from home: Special request and surprise lunch

     Dad made a special request which was a part 2 of the previous surprise dinner (see my previous post Food from home: Surprise dinner)... I guess it's no longer a surprise. To make it more exciting... I added something new to make it just as special.








Farfalle with tomato sauce, pesto and ricotta cheese
     I wanted to surprise Mom too by recreating her favorite pasta. I thought Farfalle would be cute. In our household, we always use homemade pesto (see my recipe in my previous post The Real Pesto). Also, I thought of using imported ricotta cheese for a change. 



     I promised my sister, Mitch I'd do a steak meal one of these days. It was a good thing she and my brother in law, Allan were free last Sunday for lunch. ^_^

Linguine Vongole 
(Linguine with clams)
     This was Allan's request. We usually buy our clams at Salcedo market so we made sure to be early the day before. Mom says you can cook the clams a day before and place it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. She also requested for the small clams for this pasta. 


Mashed potato


Bearnaise sauce
     This brings nostalgia in our family because our former cook, Norie would always serve this with steak, but it was the packaged one. Since I already tried the fresh version, I thought of doing that. Here you use Tarragon, vinegar, onions or shallots, egg yolks and butter. I admit the emulsifying of the egg yolks looked intimidating because you have to get the right timing for that perfect consistency, which is fluffy, smooth and creamy. My first try was a flop but thank goodness I still had ingredients to make another one... which turned out great!


Roasted garlic


Grilled US Ribeye
What everyone was waiting for... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...