Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

     Our family is one of the exceptions who celebrate Thanksgiving in Manila. I have to admit I have been curious about Thanksgiving dinners for the longest time since I only see it on TV and movies. From what I remember, turkey was only available in certain establishments... but not anymore. Every year, we always look forward to the turkey set of our Tita Margie De La Rama's Omee... and I'm talking about the turkey and the works. ;)

Our table setting
Love the cozy and relaxing feel. ^_^


The menu
     The menu is usually eclectic. Mom asked me to print the menu... and since it was a special dinner, I thought of choosing a pretty font. ^_^

Omee's turkey set includes the following...
Roast turkey with chestnut bread stuffing and giblet gravy

Spanish meat dressing
     This is something I usually omit. Although I gave it a try this time and enjoyed it. 

Garlic infused creamed potato
I love this! This goes great with the giblet gravy!

Jellied cranberry sauce

Pumpkin pie


Here are the dishes from our end...
Sotanghon


Candied kamote (candied sweet potato) by yours truly
This is the favorite of my sister, Nicole. It's now a thanksgiving staple. 

Beefsteak with onions and potato by Mom
This was for the kids.

Miso glazed salmon by Mom
Mom's new and now a family favorite recipe.

Soba with honey by Mom
This is eaten with the salmon.

Pickled green mango, cilantro, green onions
Condiments for the soba... this was Mom's idea. :D


As a rule, there's always room for dessert. ;)
Strawberry Pavlova by yours truly

Fresh fruits
Thank you Charles, T. Sabsy and Anton! ^_^

Tocino del cielo from Cafe Ysabel
This is a denser version of leche flan.

Macapuno

    
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I leave you now with this message... 

     Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. - Oprah Winfrey


Omee Heritage Cuisine
911-5228/0915-5073648
*Omee is available in Salcedo market every Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...