Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Getting older

     I celebrated my 25th birthday last week... ok, ok, I'm kidding... it was my 34th birthday. Praise the Lord it was a busy and fulfilling birthday... one of the best birthdays I've had. 

     It started when I attended and supported Plana Forma's Jungle Zumbathon, which happened the day before my birthday (although no one knew it was my birthday). :D I have been a Zumba addict since my first Zumba class here. I decided to go with the theme by doing animal print cupcakes just so it would appeal to the adults. I was a cupcake girl on duty but it was worth all the time and effort. I love doing cupcakes with fondant because I love how attractive it gets.






     Since I wanted to have the make your own Magnum for birthday, I decided to celebrate somewhere in SM Aura and thought of Todd English Food Hall, somewhere tried and tested (see my previous write up The works @ Todd English Food Hall). I was happy we tried 2 new dishes.
Salmon flatbread pizza
Not sure if this is the correct name but we enjoyed it. :D

Dynamite roll

Tuna Tartar

Linguine & clams

Fish taco
I'll make sure we order this next time. ^_^

OMG

Todd English Food Hall
5th level Skypark SM Aura
Taguig
621-4002
Like them on Facebook


     Finally, after a long wait... I get to have the Magnum! ;P
     I chose Vanilla ice cream dipped in milk chocolate, drizzled in white chocolate with marshmallow, honeycomb and Oreo. Surprisingly, this wasn't overly sweet. ^_^

Magnum Manila
5th Floor Skypark SM Aura
Taguig
Like them on Facebook


     My birthday celebration still continued the next day. My sister Nicole and my brother in law Charles (who was there in spirit) treated for afternoon tea at the Peninsula. I don't remember the last tiime I had afternoon tea here but it was definitely a privilege. Nicole and I agree afternoon tea isn't the same without the ambience. I felt nostalgic because it brought back memories of my practicum days here when I was assigned in the cold kitchen and was tasked to make the afternoon tea sandwiches.


I love their pretty porcelain! ^_^





     Desserts were pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month. It was a pretty sight because pink is one of my favorite colors. ^_^



The Peninsula Manila
Corner Ayala Avenue and Makati Avenue
Makati City
887-2888
Visit their website
Like them on Facebook

   Since I didn't have a birthday cake, it was a good time to have one of my favorite cakes, the Marshmallow cake of Costa Brava.

Costa Brava
12 Polaris Street
Bel-Air Village
Makati City
896-6872 / 896-1267
Also available at Power Plant Mall on weekends


     I leave with a quote from one of my favorite authors and speakers Bo Sanchez, "Growing old is a gift. Each day is a gift." Thank you to my family and friends, thank you for all the birthday greetings. Thank you Lord for another birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...