Friday, October 11, 2013

Konnichiwa Japan! (Part 2)

     Hello Kitty has been an all time favorite (I'm sure most girls will agree). I can't believe I almost forgot to pass by this part. Thank goodness Mom brought it up. ^_^




     For fellow foodies, don't miss out on the basement section of a department store. This is why...







     Sorry I got overwhelmed so I didn't get to take pictures of all the food. Check out the videos for more goodies...



Let me share some info and tips I learned:
-You will encounter everyone bowing as this is a way of greeting and is also a sign of respect.
-Giving tips or "keep the change" isn't practiced as it's considered rude. 
-When eating noodles, you may slurp as slurping indicates it's delicious.
-The numbers 4 and 9 are bad luck. The former is shi which also means death and the latter is ku which also means suffering.
-Do not place your chopsticks in an upright position inside a bowl because it will look like a ritual done in burials.

     I'm currently learning Japanese and got to practice when I would order. The people here are the nicest and most accommodating, so you don't have to worry. Thank you to my friends, Candice and David for your help and tips. :D My first time here in Japan was last 2009 but I didn't have a camera that time. Now I already have not only one, but two cameras. ^_^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...