Sunday, October 6, 2013

Food from home: Comfort food

     You can't go wrong with comfort food because it's something familiar to the stomach. It's definitely something everyone looks forward to at any time. ;)

Sole Meuniere
     Would you believe I got the idea for this from Be Careful With My Heart? :D If you're a fan of the show, do you remember Sabel convincing Doris to try her fish with lemon butter sauce? I thought this would be complicated but it's really simple to make. The lemon cuts the richness, perfect blend with the butter.


Pasta Pomodoro
     To help contrast something rich, something tomato based always helps. I saute onions, garlic and herbs with tomato sauce. I used canned stewed tomatoes and blend it. 


Cheesy garlic bread
     If you have pasta, then you should have bread too. I've made this before. I just used whatever bread we had available. This is best with french bread. 



Chocolate cake with custard filling
     This is an all time favorite cake. The last time I made chocolate cake was during college (not too long ago). The recipe I had that time was longer and harder. The chocolate frosting took 2-3 hours to make. Good thing I found a simpler and better recipe. ^_^ This was my first attempt for the custard filling. I always thought making custard was hard because eggs could easily turn into scrambled eggs, but thank goodness that didn't happen. :D


     Just to share the good news, The Bandana Baker chocolate cookies made it again to Spot.ph Top 10 Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies in Manila. Thank you Spot.ph! ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Hi please share your recipes a Chocolate cake with custard filling. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...