Friday, August 2, 2013

Food from home: Eclectic again

     I went eclectic again for this week. I believe this gives the menu some spark since there's a variety of rich and light dishes. Let me share what I did for the week...

Mentaiko pasta
     I made this several times already. This time I sauteed the mentaiko with garlic and olive oil. It's more tasty and garlic isn't overpowering. I placed a touch of soy sauce and garnished it with nori for a  Japanese touch.


Sole fillet with Salsa Verde
     I learned this from Mom (Mom is a great cook and baker... when she cooks and bakes). This is perfect if you want something light and healthy. Salsa Verde is made of Parsley, onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice. Not to worry... I'll be sharing the recipe soon. ;)


Katsudon
     I said this before... Katsudon is one of my favorite Japanese dishes (Please see my previous post Food from home: Japanese, Italian, Pinoy). This is definitely comfort food because it's filling and familiar. In my first attempt, I used pork chop. Although I got the taste, the pork was tough. For this one, I used the butterfly cut and it was softer. Just to be sure, I'll try using the pork from a Japanese store and perhaps it will be more soft.


Coffee jelly
     Mom and I love coffee jelly! I've already made coffee jelly a couple of times and I make sure coffee is strong (Please see my previous post Itadakimasu). This time I placed it in our gelatine containers for a change. This is great with ice cream and whipped cream but I'll save that on a special occasion. I usually eat it with evaporated milk... which is just as yummy! ^_^



Sweet Corn Popsicle
     Sweet Corn is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. It seems I'm the only one in my family that enjoys it. When I offer some to my family, they always reply "No thanks, I don't want to be corny."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...