Sunday, December 16, 2012

Simbang Gabi Specials

     Christmas is definitely in the air when Simbang Gabi begins.* I usually go to mass at Santuario de San Antonio in Makati since it's nearby. Only a few years ago, I recall suggesting to sell Puto Bumbong and Bibingka, since most churches do so during this time.* Thank goodness they considered this suggestion and was thrilled to see a kiosk after the mass. Don't get me wrong... I don't attend just to eat, but I'm sure you will agree Christmas isn't complete without these.*


Bibingka


Puto Bumbong


After attending Simbang Gabi yesterday, I was happy to see Tapsilog is also available.* :D



Simbang Gabi -Dawn mass during the Christmas season, which is from December 16-24.
Puto Bumbong -Purple rice cake
Bibingka -Rice cake with salted egg and white cheese
Tapsilog -A popular Filipino meal, usually for breakfast, which stands for Tapa (cured beef), Sinangag (garlic rice), Itlog (egg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...