Monday, December 3, 2012

More kitchen discoveries

     I have shared my cooking discoveries and experiments in my previous posts. I used to just appreciate baking, but since I started cooking more often, I loved doing both! The kitchen is definitely my "office". I didn't realize most of these dishes that are found in restaurants can easily be recreated. Again, these are mostly my 2 favorite foods, Japanese and Italian... except for one. 


Chicken Karaage*
-What I love about this fried chicken is it's not too greasy or too rich. This is also yummy eaten as a sandwich with Japanese mayonnaise. 


Gyudon*
-This uses thinly sliced beef.



Salmon with Lemon Parsley
-This was a spur of the moment recipe. Salmon was baked in olive oil, parsley and lemon juice.


Candied Kamote*
-I made this last Thanksgiving, as requested by my sister, Nicole. This is kamote cooked in butter, brown sugar, water, vanilla, cinnamon and orange zest.



Roasted garlic
-I placed olive oil, salt and pepper. This was baked 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.



Pasta with creamy tomato and basil
-I tried recreating Cibo's telefono using spaghetti, canned stewed tomatoes, cream and basil. 



Chicken Karaage -Japanese fried chicken
Gyudon -Beef rice bowl
Kamote -sweet potato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...