Monday, December 8, 2014

Food from home: Whisk away

     I wanted to surprise Mom for breakfast because she was craving for Eggs Benedict. It so happened that I had it somewhere recently, but it wasn't what I hoped for because it was served cold and lacked taste. Right away, I reviewed my recipe because the last time I made it was around 2011... so I got into action. An important tool for making Eggs Benedict would be a reliable wire whisk. We have 3 kinds at home...


   The most common one.


The French Whisk
     I often see this whisk in TV shows. I bought this at Daiso in Osaka, Japan, which I didn't hesitate to buy just to give in to my curiosity. This is good for beating eggs and salad dressings. ^_^


The Automatic Whisk
    Another one I bought in Daiso. First time to see this and I just had to get it. How can you go wrong with automatic right? I've been using this for salad dressings and still get amused. ^_^


     Hollandaise sauce
     I used egg yolks, lemon juice, butter and water, cooked over simmering water. Making this can be tricky since have to get the right timing for the perfect consistency as you whisk. I used the French whisk at first but switched to the regular whisk towards the end. I forgot about the automatic whisk which could have lessened my work (talk about being low tech). Mom said the cookbooks before would say to whisk 100 times. :))


Eggs Benedict
     I thought of making 2 kinds... with Canadian ham and smoked salmon. The dill with the latter was a good idea for more flavor. I admit I had a little help since I asked our helper to make the poached eggs. I was happy Mom was solved for breakfast. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...