Saturday, September 13, 2014

Baguio getaway 2014

     Hooray for another Baguio trip! We've been going up every year, usually April or May (see my previous post Nostalgic Baguio), but this time we went last August. We leave around 5 or 6 am to avoid the traffic. This is one of the few times I don't mind waking up extra early just because it's something to look forward to. Every trip is great... but this trip was extra special because the whole family was present. Thank goodness for TPLEx, the trip is shorter, which should take around 4 hours only.


     The child in me came out when I saw this carabao up close because I remember Mom's carabao game. I know I mentioned this in the previous write up but let me tell you again... During our summer vacations when we were kids, Mom would encourage us to play this game on our way up. The object of the game was the first one to find a carabao would win a prize, either burger, ice cream, etc... which everyone gets. :D


Hello there Mr. Lion! 
     We passed Kennon road. It's funny because Mom refused to pass there to avoid car sickness but we took the wrong turn and ended up there. I see it as a blessing in disguise because it's faster to get to Baguio. Good thing Mom didn't get dizzy. :))




     Baguio is great when it's sunny... but this is the Baguio weather I love... rainy, foggy and chilly. It's the kind of weather perfect for hot chocolate. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...