Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Souvenirs and Doglas @ Mines View Park

     Located beside Good Shepherd is Mines View Park, the best place to shop for souvenirs. Available souvenir items are T-shirts, key chains, walis tambo (they say Baguio has the best walis tambo because it lasts forever), silver works, bags, wooden handicraft, etc. You may bargain too, especially if you're buying in bulk. Another tourist activity is having a picture with Doglas (this isn't a typo), the Saint Bernard. I asked around where I could find him and was told he was further down, near the view. I was very careful going down the rocky steps because my shoes were slippery and finally saw him. ;) 








Doglas
     
     I was happy to have a picture with most handsome one of Mines View Park (Sorry I got shy with my picture). A picture with him is around P25+. He's such a sweetheart! Thank you to my friend, Ruby for introducing my new crush. ^_^


Mines View Park
Gibraltar Road
Baguio City

Walis tambo -soft broom

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Roland Paez onwer of Doglas, the St. Bernard Dog in Baguio City that you wrote about in your blog. I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful words. I am overwhelmed to learn how much joy Doglas can bring to people, and the positive effect he has on those who are able to appreciate his presence. I hope that through your blog, you can help us reach more people so that they too can experience the happiness Doglas can give. We hope that more people visit him at Burnham Park in Baguio (Formerly located at Mines View Park and Doglas is not in any way related to other Saint Bernard Pictorial Dogs within Baguio) as we wish to be able to touch more lives with the happiness that he brings. Again, thank you so much, and do visit us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roland,

      Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I'm really a dog lover and I was thrilled to meet him. You're so lucky to have him as your companion. We go to Baguio every year and I hope to meet you and Doglas when we go back. Again, thank you and God bless. ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...