Friday, October 12, 2012

Western food from home

     I'll be going Western this time... mostly Italian and American. Mom and Dad told me they were in the US and Europe when I was in Mom's tummy. They said one of the owners of one of their favorite restaurants in Italy always applauded Mom when she finished her meal, which was usually pasta. My family is divided when it comes to food preference, the boys go for Asian food and the girls go for Western food. Nonetheless, it's fulfilling to know the works in our kitchen are very much appreciated by everyone.


Salad
-Our version is composed of Romaine lettuce, tomato, cheese cubes. Dressing may vary. Sometimes we add, cranberries and walnuts too.


Cheesy garlic bread


Roasted vegetables
-Zucchini, Red Pepper, Eggplant, Garlic and Onions in olive oil and spices.


Tuna spaghetti
-Got this recipe from my friend, Gypsy. Here I replaced the cream with plain yogurt for a healthier alternative. 


Spaghetti with sausage & eggplant


Spaghetti Aglio Olio
-Spaghetti cooked in olive oil, garlic and chili flakes.


Spaghetti and meatballs


Smoked salmon pasta
-Cooked with butter, cream, garlic, onions, parsley and caviar (the cheapest one) for garnish. 


Pesto baked chicken


     I also featured Bruschetta and Pesto in my previous posts. Now let's go to dessert...

Blueberry cheesecake
(mini)


Oreo cheesecake
(mini)


Mom's Sour Cream Walnut Coffee Cake...


and here's a slice.


Mango Cobbler
-This is originally Peach Cobbler. After seeing the recipe, it reminded me of the mango cobbler in Cookbook Kitchen.


Brownies with white chocolate


     There's list of recipes for trial which gets longer and longer. Not to worry... I'll be sharing more kitchen experiments in the future. In the mean time... Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...