Friday, June 8, 2012

Cool it with milk tea

     I recall those days when Zagu, Orbitz and Quickly were the trend. I would see the long lines in malls and think they must be good that it's worth the wait. Now that numerous coffee houses came, it's now the turn of milk teas to be discovered. This is definitely something to look forward to, a way to cool down in the hot and humid weather. I'm proud to say I'm one of those excited trying these out. Ironic as it sounds, I never enjoyed tea based drinks when I get my milk tea fix... or not so milk tea, but go for chocolate, coffee or taro based drink instead. Here's a list of the milk teas I can recommend...


Happy Lemon


Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cream Cheese

Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cream Cheese
A chocolate milk drink with liquid cream cheese and cocoa powder topping. Rock salt was just a little. This reminds of me of this chocolate milk Mom used to buy during the 80's that came in a plastic bag. My niece, Sofia says this tastes like Milo. 

Lemon Yakult
An ice blended drink with Yakult and a hint of Lemon. Being a Yakult lover, I wish they would add more Yakult. As a result, I found it refreshing.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HappyLemonPh


Chatime


Left: My sister, Mitch's order, Pearl Milk Tea
Right: My order, Taro Milk Tea

This is given upon ordering.


Taro Milk Tea 
A thick and milky taro drink. I always request with pearls. For some reason, Taro flavored drinks have this candy or vanilla taste... which I find really yummy!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chatimephils


Quickly
Taro Ice
Ice blended Taro milk with a choice of sago, nata or pudding. This was my first Taro drink and loved it since then.

Coffee Ice
This is ice blended Coffee. A good alternative to a Frappucino.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/quicklyphilippines


*Chatime photos by Mitch Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...