Thursday, September 5, 2013

Guilty pleasures

     I'm sure we all have at least one guilty pleasure. I have many. :D At some point, we just can't say no, like it's a now or never moment. I eat these occasionally, but I definitely don't feel guilty. As they say... live a little. ;)



McDonalds McSpicy
     McDonalds (or McDo as we Pinoys call it) has been an all time favorite! Since the buzz about the McSpicy has been ongoing, I decided to check it out. I bought the McSpicy meal because I love their fries! :D You can feel the slight kick. It reminds me of the KFC Zinger, but enjoyed it just the same. 


Now, the food from home...
Hot chocolate
     Chocolate is a constant craving. Since I don't take coffee that much now, I often look for chocolate for breakfast. Having a nice cup of hot chocolate first thing in the morning is heaven, especially with mini marshmallows on top. I love the American and Spanish (the thick one) type. To lessen the guilt, I use coconut sugar.


Pasta Carbonara
     Carbonara is one of my favorite pastas! Based on research, it was originally made with eggs, cheese and bacon. I tried making the original recipe, where I cooked the bacon and onions in olive oil. After, pasta and Parmesan cheese are added and mixed. I cooked the egg separately until I got the soft boiled consistency and mixed everything. I was pleasantly surprised... still creamy but not too rich.


Espresso Brownies
     The first time I encountered Espresso Brownies was in Sugarhouse and loved it! Since it's no longer available, it's a good thing I came across a recipe online and did it. The only difference is I used my old reliable brownie recipe and did the coffee glaze. Results were positive. #grateful ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...