Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Food from home: Korean festival 2

     Yup the Korean craze is still ongoing in our household. I'm happy there are several guinea pigs at home... Hehehe! :P Kidding aside, cooking all these is great and also a learning process.

Kimchi
     Since there was only little Kimchi left, I thought it was perfect to try out the Kimchi pancake, which is similar to Pajeon (green onion pancake).


Kimchi pancake
     Kimchi lovers will like this one... crispy outside, soft inside with that intense flavor. Just like the Pajeon, still have to work on the presentation. 


Mandu
     These are meat dumplings, similar to Japanese Gyoza. Good thing I was able to find Mandu wrappers (you may check my previous write up Food from home: Korean festival for a list of the Korean stores in the Makati and Fort area) or you could make your own. It was cooked in 2 ways...


Fried

Steamed
     Both were yummy but I prefer it steamed. My sister Nicole prefers fried. They say Mandu is good luck.  ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I find this blog very informative especially. I think I will be frequenting here to read more about your great posts. The content is amazing, keep posting friend it will be very helpful for everyone.

    Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. Take care.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...