Friday, November 2, 2012

Pasta with Lemon Scampi

     Last week, I had a spur of the moment of what to cook next. I had a light bulb moment when an episode of my favorite shows, Barefoot Contessa came to mind. I remembered Ina Garten cooked Linguine with Lemon and Shrimp. I didn't bother looking at a recipe anymore because I already had a recipe in mind and tried my luck.



Ingredients
1/2 package pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
6-8 pcs white shrimp (peeled)
Lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
4-6 garlic cloves (chopped)
1/2-1 cup white wine
1 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Chili flakes
Parsley (chopped)
Lemon slices for garnish


In medium heat, cook garlic in olive oil and butter.


Add in the parsley and lemon zest then combine.


Add in the shrimps and cook each side for a minute because these cook fast.


Once shrimps are cooked...


remove them from the pan and set these aside.


In the sauce, pour in the white wine...


and lemon juice.
(Don't forget to remove the seeds.)


Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the alcohol evaporates. You may add a teaspoon of butter if you prefer a richer flavor.


Once sauce is ready, add in the pasta, chili flakes and cooked shrimps then combine.


Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.


     Best to use lemon zest during the cooking process. In my previous attempts, I used lemon slices so the pasta had a bitter after taste. Since then, I learned to be careful with the white part of the lemon because that's the bitter part. The chili flakes will give the pasta that kick but if you may omit the chili flakes if you prefer no heat at all. For pasta, best to use spaghetti or linguine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...