Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Instant breakfast

     Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We all heard this line so many times. I tend to run out of breakfast ideas as I try to keep healthy. I wasn't referring here to the Carnation instant breakfast, the powdered drink that is mixed with milk. I thought of coming up with a fruit smoothie, a healthier  breakfast when you're on the go. Here's what you need...


1 banana
1 container plain yogurt (I used Mom's homemade yogurt but feel free to use any brand)
1 T honey
ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender.


Blend away.


Pour in your preferred glass and enjoy!


    Other fruits may be used such as strawberries, blueberries, etc. A combination of fruits would be great too... Personally I go for strawberry banana.  The honey serves as a sweetener. Based on my research, honey has many health benefits (check this website for more details: http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/health-benefits-of-honey.html).  For a sweeter preference, just add more honey by all means. This fruit smoothie is healthy and filling, great for breakfast or refreshment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...